That Game We Never Play
- Dwarves are a short and stocky race of people who live underground. Much of their culture and history is a mystery to surface dwellers, as dwarves never invite anyone to their parties, and aren’t particularly friendly.
- Most humans have never seen a dwarf, and many humans in the more civilized areas have never even heard of them, or consider the tales of strong, short humans to be nothing more than myths. In trade centers like Larhold, dwarves are known to be wily dealers of exotic goods, and superior metal and gem smiths.
- Dwarves practice slavery, kidnapping surface people and dragging them down into the depths, never to be seen again. As recalled in Shanghai Pits of Doom, the player-characters overheard dwarven sailors talk about taking the prisoners to a ship waiting in the harbor. This means that at least some dwarves are seafaring.
- Their diet consists mostly of meat and fungus (the most common forms of nourishment below the surface), although dwarven traders seem to stock up on the hardiest surface grown fruits and vegetables, before returning to their underground kingdoms.
- It seems like no one has ever seen a female dwarf.